To ensure your carpets stay as clean as possible avoid particles of loose dirt and dust from working their way into the carpet pile where they will act abrasively on the fibres and discolour the carpet.
- Vacuum your carpet regularly at least two or three times a week.
- A large, strong doormat will reduce dirt from outside being spread around the house.
- Loop pile carpets should be vacuumed with a cylinder cleaner using the suction head only.
- Cut pile carpets should be vacuumed with an upright cleaner with beater bar and brush.
- Man-made fibre carpets and wool twist pile carpets should be vacuumed regularly as soon as they are laid to pick up any isolated particles.
Cleaning and spillages
Follow the simple steps below to deal with spillages.
- Spillages are easier to remove if tackled immediately so act promptly and blot off all the liquid stain with dry kitchen roll or a clean dry white cloth. Semi solid substances should be removed with a plastic spatula.
- Clean off any remaining stain using a clean damp cloth soaked in warm water to blot the stain. Use a dabbing action with the cloth and then blot out the remaining liquid with dry kitchen towel.
- Do not rub the pile surface of your carpet or oversoak the stain.
- Always work from the outside of the stain inwards to minimise the stain spreading.
For more persistent or unusual stains please feel free to call us on 01256 843870. or email us.